Prince Harry and Prince William respond to BBC Princess Diana’s interview report

[ad_1]

Princes William and Harry condemned the BBC and media culture afterwards independent request concluded on Thursday that former BBC reporter Martin Bashir had used “deceptive” means to secure his explosive interview in 1995 with their late mother, Princess Diana.

The same investigation also found that the BBC “did not meet its high standards of integrity and transparency”, covering up the fraudulent practice of falsifying documents suggesting that close aides spoke to the press.

In a video posted on social media, Prince William (aka the Duke of Cambridge) said the BBC had played on his mother’s fears “and fed” [her] paranoia ”in their efforts to get an interview in which Diana eventually pulled the royal family.

“In my opinion, the deceptive way of getting interviewed significantly affected what my mother said,” William said. “The interview was an important contribution to the deterioration of my parents’ relationship and has since hurt many others.”

The prince said he had “indescribable sadness” when he knew that “the BBC’s failures had significantly contributed to its fear, paranoia and isolation”.

William said he believes the interview contains a “false story” and should not be aired.

In a separate statement, Prince Harry condemned what he called the “culture of exploitation and unethical practices” in the media that led to his mother’s death – which he said was still widespread.

“Our mother was an incredible woman who dedicated her life to ministry. She was resilient, courageous and certainly honest,” Harry said in a statement Thursday in response to the results of the investigation. “The effect of the pulsation of a culture of exploitation and unethical practices has eventually taken her life.

“To those who have taken some responsibility, thank you for having it. This is the first step to justice and truth,” he continued.

“However, I am deeply concerned that such practices – and even worse – are still widespread today. Both now and now it is more than one outlet, one network or one publication.

“Our mother lost her life because of it, and nothing has changed,” Harry said. “By defending her legacy, we protect everyone and uphold the dignity with which she lived her life. Let’s remember who she was and what she stood for.”

In his own explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year Harry said he feared the media would be responsible for the deaths of his wife Megan, Duchess of Sussex (aka Megan Markle) after she became suicidal during pregnancy from son Archie as a result of intense and, according to them, unfair coverage in the British tabloids.

“My biggest problem has been repeating history,” he said said. “I’ve talked about it many times very publicly. And what I saw was repeated, but history repeated itself, but perhaps either definitely became much more dangerous, because then you add a race and you add social media. And if I’m talking about the story repeating itself, I’m talking about my mother. “

BBC reported On Thursday, its CEO Tim Davy sent a personal apology to Harry, William, Prince Charles and the Earl of Spencer for the cheating that took place behind the scenes of the interview.

According to a new request, the results of which were released on Thursday, Bashir “tricked” Count Spencer with false information to get an introduction to his royal sister, which he then used to get her to agree to an interview.

Then, when this information first appeared, the BBC covered up the investigation as well [Bashir] provided the interview and the correctness of the methods he used. “

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *